So you have your Shopify Store now. You’ve found your niche, built a brand and picked a theme, but there’s one thing your store is still missing… The right apps can take your Shopify eCommerce store to the next level by improving your Customer Experience or making your products irresistible. The Shopify App Store has over 4000 apps developed by both Shopify and third-party companies.
These Shopify apps – both free and paid – can enhance your store’s functionality in social proof marketing, reviews, dropshipping, cart recovery, landing page creation, and much more.
These are the very best Shopify apps for eCommerce sites in 2023, handpicked by eCommerce experts.
The 5 Best Shopify Apps in 2023
- 1. Nudgify – “Social Proof and Sales Pop Notifications”
- 2. Loox – “Collect product reviews with photos & boost sales with reviews”
- 3. UpPromote – “Increase sales with positive word-of-mouth”
- 4. AfterShip – “Boost sales with branded tracking page & delivery updates”
- 5. PageFly – “Build landing page, product page, FAQ, home page & Funnel
Best Shopify App for Social Proof
4.6 Stars, free plan
Nudgify adds engaging Shopify Sales Pop ups and Social Proof notifications, called “Nudges”, to key pages on your website. These Nudges create effects like Social Proof and FOMO, which help to increase your Shopify store’s conversion rate. Using live data, including your stock levels and recently sold items, Nudgify engages your customers with real-time information that brings even quiet stores to life.
Unlike other sales pop-up apps, Nudges have been designed to improve your customer experience. That means you start building long-term value, rather than a short term sales boost.
- Free – 1000 notifications
- $9/month – 10,000 notifications + all themes and styles
- $29/month – 100,000 notifications + remove branding
- $89/month – 1,000,000 notifications
Best Shopify App for Reviews
4.9 Stars – 14-day free trial
If you want to show your reviews in a more sophisticated way, Loox allows you to display galleries of former customers in HD. You can share the reviews in social media posts, galleries or pop-ups. The great thing about user-generated content (UGC) like this, is that it is regularly updated and requires no extra effort on your part.
- $9.99/month – 100 review request emails
- $29.99/month – 500 review request emails + Basic features
- $59.99/month – 1,500 review request emails + Advanced features
- $99.99/month – 10,000 review request emails + Pro features
Best Shopify App for Affiliate Marketing
4.9 Stars, free plan
UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing is the #1 affiliate marketing app on Shopify App Store. It is an all-in-one affiliate/influencer marketing solution, that supports you to build, track, and succeed with your affiliate marketing campaign. Their Customer Referral feature allows your customers to promote your products without needing to join an affiliate program. UpPromote helps you boost sales with positive word-of-mouth as well as connect to your loyal customers.
Furthermore, you can create a free listing on the UpPromote Marketplace and boost the findability of your affiliate program. You’ll also be given access to a list of affiliate profiles on the marketplace, from which you can choose the perfect affiliates to directly invite to join your affiliate program.
- $0/month – review 200 referral orders/month
- $29.99/month – review 300 referral orders/ month
- $69.99/month – review 600 referral orders/ month
- $139.99/month – review unlimited referral orders/ month
Best Shopify App for Dropshipping
4.8 Stars, 14-day free trial
Aftership provides your customers with a way to track the items they buy from your store. By engaging your customers after the purchase, you improve their overall experience and make it much more likely that they will buy from you again in the future.
This Shopify app gives customers an estimated time of delivery and sends automatic notifications to them when their purchase arrives.
- $0/month + $0.5/excess order – 100 orders
- $9/month + $0.08/excess order – 100 orders + email/sms alerts
- $29/month + $0.08/excess order – 500 orders
- $99/month + $0.08/excess order – 2000 orders
Best Shopify App for Page Builder
4.9 Stars, 14-day free trial
Designing and customising your store with Shopify’s themes and customisation tools is not straight-forward. Sticking to Shopify’s built-in page editing also means you are limited to certain styles. A user-friendly page-builder like Pagefly allows you to create any kind of page and incorporate it into your Shopify store. It is a reasonably-priced alternative to apps like Shogun and GemPages.
- $0/month – 3 pages + 15 templates + basic elements
- $9.95/month – Unlimited pages + 40 templates + advanced elements
- $29.95/month – Collection/Coming Soon/Import-Export pages + slideshow element + blog post
The Best Shopify Apps For Your Store
Using the right Shopify apps is not an alternative to having a great value proposition. You still need to offer people something they can’t get anywhere else. However, if you’re starting a new business, or getting bogged down in repetitive tasks, a Shopify app can make your life a lot easier.
One last thing…
It’s important to remember to review any of the apps or plugins that you use. Customer ratings have a big impact on the popularity of any new app, and it’s in everyone’s interest to make sure the very best ones get the most attention.